2017-2018 Call for Committee Members
Professional Development Committee Contact: Stacey Ho, CPSM | WSB
Professional Development Committee
CPSM Roundtable Facilitator – This person will coordinate 6 sessions to review CPSM study materials to help participants in studying or the CPSM Exam. Meetings will likely be held every 2-4 weeks and could include finding local chapter leaders to head each session and/or leading discussion themselves.
- Must be familiar with the CPSM exam material and exam process (though do not necessarily have to be as familiar with the current Markendium books).
- Must be willing to coordinate meetings and possibly speakers.
- Must be willing to facilitate group discussion and study guidance through all 6 sessions.
Benefits will including assisting members in achieving professional development goals and mentoring others. SMPS Oregon can assist with library book material loans and small kick-off meeting budget if needed. Professional Development Director and SMPS National can assist with guidance as needed.
Programs Committee Contact: Valerie Reynolds | LRS Architects
Programs Committee Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to active participation in event preparation (attendance of monthly meetings, and may require 5+ hours of work leading up to events)
- Strong communication and people skills (working collaboratively within the committee, responding to emails in a timely manner, keeping committee informed of status of assignments)
- Ability to think “top down” and plan events pertinent to clients and firm principals
Education Committee Contact: McKenzie Richardson | PAE
Education Committee Duties and Responsibilities
- Bring creative and fresh ideas for education events
- Attend monthly planning meetings
- Assist with occasional research for potential venues, speakers and caterers for events
- Write occasional blog posts for SMPS Oregon website
- Assist with setting up and clean up for committee events